Arena of Valor Qualifier Rules
These rules are the official rules of the Telia Esports Series Arena of Valor 2019 Season 1 Online Qualifiers. Every participant must read and understand the following rules and behave in a sportsmanlike manner, including screen names. Unsportsmanlike behavior will be sanctioned. Game admins have the final decision in all conflicts and sanctions. Tournament admins reserve all rights for changes related to these documents. Game admins can pause the tournament because of a serious technical problem or other reason as seen fit, e.g. medical emergency.
All cheating, including ghosting, is forbidden. If a participant is not sure whether a certain game mechanic is allowed, they MUST ask the head admin prior to the tournament’s start to find out whether it is allowed or not.
Breaking any of the rules will result in sanctions, including but not limited to:
- Losing a single game
- Losing a game series
- Deduction from the prize
- Removal of a player or a team from the tournament
- Removal of a player or a team from the event
A decision made by a single admin can be challenged by bringing it up with the head admin. This complaint can only be made right after the decision has been called or the game has ended, whichever occurred first. The head admin's decision is final and cannot be challenged.
Each player is expected to behave according to Fair Play principles. Unsportsmanlike behavior is a punishable offense. The tournament organizer has all the authority concerning these rules and the following punishments. The tournament organizer may put the tournament on hold due to a technical malfunction, a serious medical condition or similar unexpected event.
1. General rules
- 1.1: Game: Arena of Valor (Tencent Games), latest version
- 1.2: Team size: 5 actual players and possibly up to 2 reserve players.
- 1.2.1: A team may change at maximum 2 of its actual players.
- 1.3: One player can only be in one team during the tournament.
- 1.4: Players must play on a mobile device (phone or tablet).
- 1.5: VoIP software is allowed.
- 1.6: Any software that modifies game files or grants an unfair advantage in the game is strictly forbidden and is grounds for immediate removal from the tournament.
- 1.7: Players must provide their own gaming equipment.
- 1.8: Players must have a valid personal Arena of Valor licence, with 16 heroes unlocked to enter Tourney Mode.
- 1.9: Screen names
- 1.9.1: Players must use their official screen name throughout the tournament.
- 1.9.2: Sponsors are allowed in the player or teams names unless they are related to alcohol, tobacco, gambling or adult entertainment.
- 1.10: During a game, team members are only allowed to communicate with persons involved with the game: team players, team coach, and tournament officials such as admins.
- 1.11: Timekeeping
- 1.11.1: The grace period for the first round is 15 minutes and 10 minutes for the following rounds.
- 1.11.2: Unscheduled matches are set to start not more than 10 minutes after the opponents are set.
- 1.11.3: If a team is not ready when their game is scheduled to start, the team will automatically forfeit the first map (Bo3+) unless admin states otherwise.
- 1.11.4.: If a team is missing players at scheduled starting time, they WILL have to start the match without their full team, or forfeit. It is up to the teams to make sure they are ready on time.
- 1.11.5: Tournament officials reserve the right to change these timings.
- 1.12: All players must have their Arena of Valor Player ID (nickname) listed on their team profile.
- 1.13: All players must be at least 13 years of age when the tournament starts.
- 1.14: Under extreme circumstances administrators reserve the right to change the rules.
2. Game rules
- 2.1: The home team (left team on match page, top team in bracket) is responsible for creating the game lobby and inviting the opposing team.
- 2.2: Games are played using Tourney Mode.
- 2.2.1: To select Tourney Mode, go to Casual Match, select Custom Match, select 5v5 Tourney Mode on Antaris Battlefield.
- 2.2.2: Tourney mode requires 16 heroes unlocked from every player.
- 2.3. All heroes are allowed.
- 2.4: The in-game pick & ban process must be concluded by both teams before the match start.
- 2.5. Each match will be played with best-of-3 format.
- 3.4. The side selection is done by the home (left/top) team in games 1 and 3 while the away team gets to select sides in game 2.
3. Other rules
- 3.1: External programs which affect the game state or perform in-game actions are not allowed.
- 3.2: Disconnecting intentionally during a match isn't allowed.
- 3.3: If a player disconnects the team is allowed to continue the match.
- 3.3.1: A disconnected player is allowed to rejoin the match, if they can, a maximum of 2 times.
- 3.4: A contestant is allowed to forfeit a match.
- 4.1: If a player encounters a problem during a match, they should ask for a pause in the chat.
- 4.2: Pausing a game is only allowed for players in case of a technical issue.
- 4.3: The game will resume from a pause once both teams are ready.
- 4.4: If a player faces technical issues, the game may be paused for a maximum of 5 minutes, after which the game will resume regardless of that player's ability to play.
- 4.6: In case a technical issue, caused by the server or network, which affects at least 3 players and the issue lasts more than 10 minutes, the game will be restarted unless an admin says otherwise.
5. Protests & sanctions
- 6.1: All protests are to be made within 10 minutes after the match has finished. No pauses can occur in-game for this matter. All cases are handled by admins after the match.
- 6.2: When the match result is protested, affected teams can not continue playing matches until the conflict is resolved.
- 6.3: Sanctions
- 6.3.1: Warning, round loss, map loss, match loss, disqualification of player or team, ban of player or team.
- 6.3.2: Round loss can be used in capture maps and is deducted from the final map score.
- 6.3.3: Tournament officials will use the sanctions available as they see fit.
6. Fair play
- 7.1: This tournament relies on fair play rules. Insulting others, racism and mocking religion is totally forbidden and will be punished by organizers. Trash talking is also forbidden and will result in a warning.
- 7.2: Tournament participants should always address the administrators in a polite and respectful way.
- 7.3: Should a participant purposely attempt to sabotage the games, another player or an administrator in any way, the player will be disqualified.
- 7.4: Players should always try to play to the best of their abilities to win.
- 7.4.1: If a player or team has a conflict of interest which could affect their desire to win, they should notify the tournament officials prior to the match.
7. Streaming & broadcasts
- 8.1: If there is an official broadcast for games, players must wait for broadcasters to be ready until matches can start.
- 8.2: No observers are allowed in any tournament games, except for approved streamers and administrators.
- 8.3: Players may not watch or listen to any streams of the tournament while playing.
- 8.4: Players can stream their own games at their will. Delay of at least two minutes must be used.
- 9.1: The monetary prizes of the main tournament (series) will be paid only via an invoice. If you do not have an organization to handle the invoicing, ask the tournament officials for alternative ways to send invoices.
- 9.2: The prizes will be paid out within two months of the completion of the whole series.
- 9.3: Teams failing to complete all their matches in the series will be disqualified and thus forfeit their prizes.