This is the America Server qualifier for the ASUS ROG Online 2020 StarCraft II tournament held online on November 27-29, 2020. This qualifier is based on the American Battle.net server. The top three players will earn a spot in the main tournament.
In order to participate, you need to add your battletag (e.g. Player#123) from Dashboard --> Add game.
Failure to do so might result in removal before brackets are generated.
Email: info (at) asusrogtournament.com
- Server: AM
- Maps: Ladder Season 3, veto before match
- Format: Single elimination into double elimination on Ro16, all matches bo3
- Sign-up end time: November 22, 11:00 PT (20 CET / 21.00 EET)
- Check-in start time: 11:00 PT (20:00 CET / 21:00 EET) - button appears on the right
- Start time: 12:00 PT (21:00 CET / 22:00 EET)
- Battle.net chat channel: ASUSROG (also ASUSROG2 if needed)
- Requirement: Master or Grandmaster on any server
- Rules: here
- Discord chat: https://discord.gg/RYYh7ZC9jC
How to participate
- Login or signup
- Add your game account
- Click the signup button on this page (located on the right side bar)
- Click the check-in button when it's time (also on the right)
- Join the Battle.net chat channel ASUSROG (ASUSROG2 if full)
- Wait for the bracket to appear
- Start your matches ASAP, GL HF!
Battle.net Ladder Season 3 map pool is used:
- Deathaura LE (2)
- Jagannatha LE (2)
- Lightshade LE (2)
- Oxide LE (2)
- Pillars of Gold LE (2)
- Romanticide LE (2)
- Submarine LE (2)
Before each match both players veto out two maps out of the map pool one by one in turns, leaving three maps to be played.
The player on the left side on the match page (top on bracket view) decides who starts the vetoes.
In short the map vetoes and picks are ABBA BAC. Players remove maps in ABBA order. Then the players take turns (BA) picking the map order from the maps that are left, starting from the first map that will be played. Player B picks the 1st map.
All matches are played on the American servers (default is central) unless players mutually agree otherwise. Read more from the rules.
The mutually fairest server, on which the ping of both players is closest to each other, should be used when selecting which American server to use. If fairest cannot be determined, America Central server is the default.
The tournament starts as a single elimination bracket and changes into a double elimination bracket from round-of-16 onwards. However, if there are 32 players or fewer total checked in, the whole tournament will be played in double elimination format. All matches are best-of-3.
The tournament will cease when top three players are decided. Reaching the finals (round-of-2) in the upper bracket or lower bracket is enough for qualification. The upper or lower bracket finals are not played.
The first 128 players to check-in will enter the tournament. The check-in button will appear on the right on this page when check-in starts.
Only the winner of the match reports the score. To report, click on your match from the bracket and add match rounds. In trouble, see this guide.
If you wish to broadcast the qualifier, please send an email to info at asusrogtournament.com.
Below is a list of approved streamers. If the lobby gets full, priority streamers are entitled to stay starting from top.
Meet players and admins during the tournament at Battle.net chat channel ASUSROG
If the channel is full, use ASUSROG2
Discord chat: https://discord.gg/RYYh7ZC9jC
Mikael "Mixu" Helenius
Juho "juaxE" Kirvesmäki
Juho "Azhrak" Nieminen
Email: juho.nieminen åt assembly.org