Assembly Winter 2023 Rocket League 1v1 BYOC
Important, please read!
Teams wanting to participate in the tournament have to check-in at the Assembly admin desk between 12-16EET, February 25.
Failing to physically show up and sign-up at the admin desk will preclude you from participating.
Please observe that signing up and checking in are not the same thing.
- Place: BYOC tournament at Assembly Winter 2023
- Teams: 16
- Prizes: Top3
- Format: Round robin BO3, Single elimination BO3, Finals BO5
- Match format: 1v1
- Participation: Computer place at Assembly Summer 2023, sign-up and check-in at admin desk required.
- Sign-up: Until February 20th- February 25, 16:00 EET
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Assembly
- Check-in: Friday, February 25, 12:00-16:00 EET at the admin desk.
- Admins: Zcylla, Codex, KraTe
How to participate
By signing up for the tournament the players confirm that they have read, understood and accepted the rules.
- Login or signup
- Create a team and list all the members of the team (real name, player nick and computer place number) and Discord ID of the captain in a clear way (for example Assembly#2023) to the team's description. Captain needs to be available in Discord during the whole tournament.
- Click the signup button on this page (located on the right side bar).
- Join the Discord server.
- Check-in at the admin desk, check-in time above.
- A video of how to cretate a team and join a tournament can be seen here.
Mad Crock -tuotepalkintoja
Lisäksi voittajille tarjotaan myös jokunen Mad Croc energiajuoma!
If less than four (4) teams participate, tournament will be cancelled. If four to five (4-5) teams will participate prizes will be compromised. If six (6) or more teams participate, full prizes.
17:00-19:00 Round Robin. Played as BO3, but can be changed to BO1 due to large amount of teams. Every team is going to play against everyone. In this stage teams will be rewarded points by winning. The four teams that have the most points will move to the next stage. Check your match partner from the bracket and start the match as soon as possible.
19:15-20:45 Semi-Finals. Played as BO3. Best four teams from first stage will determite the finalists.
21:00 Grand Finals. Played as BO5.
Times can change depending on amount of teams participating.
These rules apply for all casual tournaments in Assembly Winter 2023.
- All participants agree to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner to preserve fair play and sportsmanship.
- All player names, pictures and team names must be appropriate and respectful.
- All participants must do a check-in at the admin desk with an admin during the tournament specific check-in time to be able to participate in the tournament. Even if you have done a check-in for another tournament earlier, you must repeat it for all the tournaments you are participating in.
- Minimum of four participants in every tournament may be required for the prizes to be paid out in full.
- Administration of the tournament has the last word in any and all disputes and can make decisions outside the specified rules if needed.
Any use of cheating programs or scripts are prohibited.
Players and platforms
- 2 main players + 1 substitute player (all names must be provided in the sign up and only two players get prizes)
- Substitute player can join between rounds
- Players can join from all platforms, cross-platform needs to be enabled
- Team on right in a group or on top in the bracket creates the lobby and gives the name and password to the other team. Play -> Custom game -> Private match -> Create private match (Join private match)
- Game mode "Soccar"
- Arena "Random (Standard only)"
- Team size "1v1"
- Joinable by "Name / Password"
- Do not change mutators (or reset default if you have changed them).
- Wait that all players are in the lobby, then lobby creators select orange team and the other team is blue.
- The game begins as soon as everyone are in the lobby and selects the team color, so do not join the lobby if you are not absolutely ready to start.
- If the server is bad at the beginning of the round, the players must inform it in chat/mic and disconnect. Then the lobby is created again
- If the server becomes bad or a player is having technical problems before 2 minutes have passed, the round can be started from the beginning with new lobby, all existing goals have to be memorized and added to the final scores. Substitute player can join at this point if the problem is with one player having technical issues.
- If over 2 minutes have passed and problems occur, the round is played to the end.
- The round can be started over maximum of 3 times, if the problems still continue, the game is either played to the end (can be done 2v1) or the team with problems can forfeit.
- If the schedule is on time, players must start the game latest 10 minutes after the scheduled time. If a player does not show up the game can be played 1v2, if the whole team is missing it will be forfeit. Always inform the admin if you have a good reason to be late.
- If the other team forfeits, does not show up or is disqualified before the match starts, their last opponent can replace them. If there is no replacement the team present wins the match.
- Between BO3 rounds there can be maximum of 5 minutes of break between the rounds. Ideally, the BO3 rounds are played in a row with minimal delay.
- Winner of one BO3 is the one that gets 2 round wins first. The match can end 2-0 (0-2) or 2-1 (1-2).
- Both captains need to take a screen capture or other image of the final score board of the round. If you do not take an image, you can't argue about the results. If no one takes an image, both captains need to agree the final score in Discord chat or the match/round has to be played again.
- Send the images to the admin in Discord, then the admin updates Tournaments bracket, where you can check your next opponent. All images from one BO3 can be send between all rounds or after all 2 or 3 rounds.
- Players can stream their match.
If there are any issues always inform admins.
Failure to adhere to these rules may lead to a warning, round/game loss or disqualification from the tournament to the player and/or the whole team.