This is the casual tournament for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at Assembly Online 2020 played on Thu-Sat, October 15-17.
- Place: Online tournament
- Teams: 64
- Group stage format: 4 teams each group using round robin system. Half of the teams proceed to a second group phase. All group phase games are Best of 1.
- Playoffs format: 8 teams proceed from the second group phase to a Single Elimination playoffs. All playoffs are Best of 3.
- Prizes: Products, top3
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Assembly (#counter-strike)
- Participation: Minimum of 3 players must be Finnish citizens.
- Sign-up: Until Thrusday October 15th 18:55 EET
- Check-in: Thursday October 15th, 16.00--19:00 EET in discord private chat with one of the admins.
How to participate
- Login or signup
- Create a team and list all the members of the team and Discord ID of the captain in a clear way (For example Assembly#2020) to the description.
- Click the signup button on this page (located on the right side bar)
- Join the Discord server
- Register your team also to the FACEIT tournament, games will be played on FACEIT's servers
- Check-in in discord private chat with one of the admins, check time above
Thursday, October 15th (All times are local time)
16:00–19:00 Check-in in discord private message with an admin.
19:00 First group stage starts
Friday, October 16th
15:00 Second group stage starts
19:00 First playoffs start (RO8, BO3)
Saturday, October 17th
12:00 Semifinals (BO3)
15:00 Bronze match (BO3)
18:00 Final (BO3)
These rules apply for all casual tournaments in Assembly Online 2020.
- All participants agree to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner to preserve fair play and sportsmanship.
- All player names, pictures and team names must be appropriate and respectful.
- All participants must do a check-in in discord private message with an admin during the tournament specific check-in time to be able to participate in the tournament. Even if you have done a check-in for another tournament earlier, you must repeat it for all the tournaments you are participating in.
- Minimum of ten participants in every tournament may be required for the prizes to be paid out in full.
- Failure to adhere to these rules or the game specific rules may lead to a warning or disqualification from the tournament to the player and/or the whole team.
- Administration of the tournament has the last word in any and all disputes and can make decisions outside the specified rules if needed.
This tournament is mainly following the rulebook of SEUL which can be found here: SEUL CSGO Rulebook with few changes explained in Special Rules section
- By signing up to the tournament, you affirm that you have read the rules and commit to them.
- Every team must have at least one person on Discord and his whole Discord ID must be marked in the team profile clearly. (For example Assembly#2020)
- Mapveto is handled in Discord, between teams on their own.
- Result of mapveto is then brought forward to admin in Discord in following format:
- Team A vs Team B, map mirage, (Team A starts CT).
- After this admin provides teams with server information
- Players should always try to play to the best of their abilities to win.
- If a player or team has a conflict of interest which could affect their desire to win, they should notify the tournament officials prior to the match.
- Following the rules of latest Valve major, using jump throw bind is ALLOWED.
- For Best of 1 matches the starting sides are chosen using knife round. In best of 3 matches the starting sides are chosen during map veto following the rules of SEUL.
- All players must record in-eyes demos for all matches.
- Once in the game server, type: record match1_opponent in console, e.g. record match1_ence
- Recording will stop once you quit the server. In case of disconnect during the match, remember to begin a new recording under different name to prevent overwriting the existing file.
- Failure to provide complete and working demo file means losing the map. In case of disconnect(s) during the match, multiple demo files are accepted but every single round played by the player must be recorded.
If you have any questions before the event, you can contact the head admin in Discord:
During the event you can reach admins in Assembly’s discord at #counter-strike channel
During group stages there is no seeding. For the playoffs, all 16 teams will be seeded with following criteria:
Placement in group stage
Possible head to head matches
Random draw made by admins