This is the Premium BYOC tournament for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at Assembly Summer 2019 played on Thu-Sat, August 1-3. Participation requires a computer slot and your own computer at the event. The participants of the CS:GO non-BYOC tournament are not allowed to participate to this tournament.
- Place: Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre, Helsinki, Finland
- Teams: 64
- Group stage format: 4 teams each group using round robin system. Matches are Best of 1
- Playoffs format: 16 team double-elimination bracket. In RO16 & RO8 matches are Best of 1, and starting from RO4 matches are BO3
- Prizee: TBA
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Assembly (#counter-strike)
- Participation: Computer ticket required, mark all team computer slots in team description
- Check-in: Thursday August 1st, 16.00--19:00 EET at Casual Admins desk.
How to participate
Create a team and list all the members of the team, add their computer seats and Discord ID of the captain in a clear way (For example Assembly#2019) to the description.
Click the signup button on this page (located on the right side bar)
Join the Discord server
Check-in at Casual Admins desk, check time above
Thursday, August 1 (All times are local time)
16:00–19:00 Check-in at Casual Admins desk
19:00 Group stage starts
~22:00 Playoffs begin (RO16) BO1
Friday, August 2
12:30 Playoffs continue from RO8 + RO8 S1 BO1
~13:30 Best of 3 matches start (RO4 + RO8 S2)
16:30 1 hour break (optional, remember to inform admins if you want to have break. Going to break without informing admins might lead to penalties)
~17:30 RO4 lower bracket begins
~20:30 RO4 S2 BO3
Saturday, August 3
11:00 Playoffs continue from RO2 (UB+LB)
~14:00 Lower bracket decider match (RO2 S2)
~18:00 Grand final & 3rd place decider at own PC
These rules apply for all BYOC tournaments in Assembly Summer 2019.
- All participants agree to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner to preserve fair play and sportsmanship.
- All player names, pictures and team names must be appropriate and respectful.
- All participants must add their computer place to their TMS profile.
- All the tournament matches must be played from your own computer place, from your own computer, with the exception of the Hearthstone tournaments in which you can play from anywhere in the venue. We do not have separate areas reserved for players participating in casual tournaments.
- All participants must do a check-in at Casual Admins desk during the tournament specific check-in time to be able to participate in the tournament. Even if you have done a check-in for another tournament earlier, you must repeat it for all the tournaments you are participating in.
- For team games a minimum of 3 players from the team must be present during the check-in.
- Minimum of ten participants in every tournament may be required for the prizes to be paid out in full.
- Failure to adhere to these rules or the game specific rules may lead to a warning or disqualification from the tournament to the player and/or the whole team.
- Administration of the tournament has the last word in any and all disputes and can make decisions outside the specified rules if needed.
This tournament is following the rulebook of SEUL which can be found here: SEUL CSGO Rulebook
- By signing up to the tournament, you affirm that you have read the rules and commit to them.
- Every team must have at least one person on Discord and his whole Discord ID must be marked in the team profile clearly. (For example Assembly#2019)
- Mapveto is handled in Discord, between teams on their own.
- Result of mapveto is then brought forward to admin in Discord in following format:
- Team A vs Team B, map mirage, (Team A starts CT).
- After this admin provides teams with server information
- Players should always try to play to the best of their abilities to win.
- If a player or team has a conflict of interest which could affect their desire to win, they should notify the tournament officials prior to the match.
- Following the rules of latest Valve major, using jump throw bind is ALLOWED.
- For Best of 1 matches the starting sides are chosen using knife round. In best of 3 matches the starting sides are chosen during map veto following the rules of SEUL.
- All players must record in-eyes demos for all matches.
- Once in the game server, type: record match1_opponent in console, e.g. record match1_ence
- Recording will stop once you quit the server. In case of disconnect during the match, remember to begin a new recording under different name to prevent overwriting the existing file.
- Failure to provide complete and working demo file means losing the map. In case of disconnect(s) during the match, multiple demo files are accepted but every single round played by the player must be recorded.
If you have any questions before the event, you can contact the head admin in Discord:
During the event you can reach admins in Assembly’s discord at #counter-strike channel
During group stages there is no seeding. For the playoffs, all 16 teams will be seeded with following criteria:
Placement in group stage
Possible head to head matches
Random draw made by admins